I just watched an episode of Hotel Hell with my wife and one thing became very clear to me. We are drastically underutilizing Gordon Ramsay. There is absolutely so much more potential for Gordon. It is a crying shame that we aren’t doing more.
Think about it, we learned that Gordon can teach chefs how to cook (such as in Hell’s Kitchen). Not only that, but he can show entire restaurants what they are doing wrong and how to get on the road to success (Kitchen Nightmares). Now, in Hotel Hell, we see that Gordon’s skills go beyond the kitchen and can at least be applied to the entire service industry.
Now, that’s a good start…but why are we stopping there? Gordon has yet to show any real limits, other than patience. As such, why aren’t we trying him at other things? Hell, we might be able to fix most of the messes of our modern lives.
- Gordon Ramsay’s Road Construction Nightmares: This schedule is crap! You aren’t doing anything! No wonder it’s taken you seven months to do two miles!
- Gordon Ramsay’s Surgical Theater: That triple bypass is crap! You didn’t even wash your hands before operating!
- Gordon Ramsay’s Space Program: This space station is crap! You didn’t build any oxygen generators? Why don’t you go back to launching satellites so they can see Gilligan’s Island in Guam if you don’t care anymore? You’ve given up! You’re not even phoning it in! You sent an email!
- Gordon Ramsay’s Congressional Legislation: That budget is crap! It doesn’t even add up! Where’s the funding for the arts? Why the hell did you appropriate $100 for a toilet seat? You stupid git!
- Gordon Ramsay’s Life and Death: That death was crap! All you had to do was believe you weren’t going to die and you would have lived forever!
See the possibilities? Sure, Gordon might not know anything about road construction, or surgery, or legislation. That might well indeed be the case. Still, we won’t really know that until we try…will we?