There are a lot of products out there that just seem entirely worthless to me. There was a Dilbert cartoon one time where a telemarketing Elbonian informed a caller that the requested software was out of stock, but would perhaps the caller care for a ceramic unicorn that wears pants. When the caller responded affirmatively, the Elbonian said: “Really? Your country has way too much money.” These are a few products that remind me of that.
– Home soda makers. Really? Soda is pretty cheap. Regardless, you do not need to take a perfectly good beverage that you already have and carbonate it. Carbonation doesn’t do anything for you. Just drink.
– The Moshi Moshi Handset. If you can believe this, this is a phone attachment for your phone. Perhaps you should buy this if you can’t figure out how to hold your cell phone to your ear. My wife wants one.
– Cat Wigs. I know you won’t believe me, but this is a real product.
– Cupcake Makers. Of course, my wife wants one of these as well. However, we already have one. It’s called a cupcake pan.
– Windows Vista. Unofficial slogan: makes you want Windows 7. Enough said.
In short, the fact that these products are available for purchase in our country is a sure sign that our own decadence will end up killing us. Don’t worry about doing anything to solve this problem. It is obviously too late.