As anyone who has been reading my blog knows by now, I’ve been trying to figure out how to best make use of my time alone this week since my wife took off for a vacation to Mexico without me. However, none of my attempts have brought me any real satisfaction because I still miss my wife. Perhaps I’ve been taking the wrong approach.
Maybe, instead of concentrating on taking advantage of having the house all to myself I should have been concentrating on finding ways to deal with the fact that I miss her. I came up with some ideas. I thought I’d share those:
– I could run out the roll of toilet paper in the bathroom and just set a new roll on top of the old one without actually replacing it.
– I could pull clothes out of the closet and drawers and throw them around the bedroom like my wife hasn’t quite gotten around to laundry yet.
– I could turn the TV on to some horrible show like Toddlers and Tiaras, Dance Moms, or Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids, turn the volume up really loud, and then try to read in the same room with my earmuffs on so I don’t have to hear.
– I could run the dishwasher and then repeatedly promise myself that I’d empty it just a little bit later.
– I could make myself go to Chipotle to eat even though I’m not particularly fond of the place.
What does everybody think? I’d still miss my wife, but it would be kind of like she was still here…just maybe in the other room or something. I’m telling you guys, this could actually work. Or, at least it would keep me harmlessly occupied for a while.