I’ve been seeing the “share a Coke with”/”share a Diet Coke with” campaign recently. I don’t entirely know what the campaign is, but I gather it’s a campaign where they print someone’s name on a Coke/Diet Coke/whatever and encourage you to share it with someone named that. The one that got my attention was:
This is of course funny to every Ghostbusters fan, since “There is no Dana, there is only Zuul.” But, I got to thinking of various quotes from Ghostbusters and how they could be modified with Coke:
– Winston Zeddemore: Ray, when someone asks you if you’d like to buy the world a Coke, you say “YES”!
– Janine Melnitz: Do you want some Coke, Mr. Tulley? Louis: [to Egon] Do I? Dr. Egon Spengler: Yes, have some. Louis: [to Janine] Yes, have some.
– Dr Ray Stantz: Symmetrical Coke stacking. Just like the Philadelphia mass turbulence of 1947. Dr. Peter Venkman: You’re right, no human being would stack Coke like this.
– Dr. Egon Spengler: I’m worried, Ray. It’s getting crowded in there and all my data points to something big on the horizon. Winston Zeddemore: What do you mean, big? Dr. Egon Spengler: Well, let’s say this Coke represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. Based on this morning’s sample, it would be a Coke… thirty-five feet tall, weighing approximately six hundred pounds.
– Dr Ray Stantz: I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood. Something that could never ever possibly destroy us. Coke! Dr. Peter Venkman: Nice thinkin’, Ray.
See how easy it is to alter these? The campaign may not influence my purchases of Coke and/or various Coke products, but I’m at least having fun with this aspect of the campaign.