Jon Konrath configured Buffer to post random oddness occasionally throughout the day, or thereabouts. I like to riff along on these sometimes. Recently, he posted something that was clearly supposed to tie in to all those people who think there is something in the coincidences between John F. Kennedy and Abraham Lincoln, but screwed up in many ways (Lennon instead of Lincoln, Rolling Stones instead of Beatles, and so on). He posted:
John Lennon of the Rolling Stones was shot outside the Lincoln building; Abraham Lincoln was shot at a play called Rolling Stones.
I decided to riff along on this. Other people joined in with some stellar riffs, but I’m just going to provide mine here so you can see how this went (this also makes mine seem even better since you can’t see how much I built off others and I’m trying to make myself look creative here, not them):
– John Lennon faked his death and lives at a chicken ranch in Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln once ate John Lennon’s chickens.
– John Lennon was married to a female chicken named Lincoln and Abraham Lincoln was married to Yoko Ono who happened to be allergic to chicken.
– Abraham Lincoln used to give John Lennon rides to school because he had a convertible and John Lennon was too big for the school bus.
– John Lennon swore a blood oath to one day bring Abraham Lincoln to justice for never recycling his beer cans.
– Chicken Lincoln had a rolling stone named Lennon and Stone John had a 72 Rolling Chicken model Lincoln.
The chicken theme relates back to another post of Jon’s where we were riffing on the Kennedy/Lincoln thing. I suppose I should mention that at least.