I was just remembering the “Runaway Train” song by Soul Asylum in the mid nineties and I started wondering what the band had been up to.
I was a little surprised when I took a look at their Wikipedia page to realize they’re still together and still making albums. All I really knew from them was “Runaway Train.” Heck, “Runaway Train” was on their Grave Dancers Union album and that turned out to have been their sixth album. They’ve released four since, the most recent in 2012:
- Say What You Will, Clarence… Karl Sold the Truck (1984) (Twin/Tone)
- Made to Be Broken (1986) (Twin/Tone)
- While You Were Out (1986) (Twin/Tone)
- Hang Time (1988) (A&M)
- And the Horse They Rode In On (1990) (A&M)
- Grave Dancers Union (1992) [3x Platinum] (Columbia)
- Let Your Dim Light Shine (1995) [Platinum] (Columbia)
- Candy from a Stranger (1998) (Columbia)
- The Silver Lining (2006) (Legacy)
- Delayed Reaction (2012) (429 Records)
I just found it odd that I could like that one song so much and know nothing else, or hear nothing else since that song, about them. Probably would hve been different if I’d gone looking, which I haven’t despite liking “Runaway Train,” but still.